Image Credits: self
Lahore: According to news reports on January 23, the Punjab government has published documents that specify the land usage for the industrial estate project being planned by the Ravi Urban Development Authority (RUDA).
Phase I of the Ravi Industrial Zone, a 950-acre existing industrial sector, will be renovated as part of the RUDA Industrial Estate. According to the records, the industrial complex has a total size of 2,200 acres, of which 950 acres are already occupied by enterprises and 1,239 acres have been added to make room for the new industrial complex.
The following provisions have been added to the new RUDA industrial Estate regulatory document:
- On 691 acres, approximately 55.84% of the entire 1,239 acres of land, the new estate will be built.
- 592 acres of the 691.89 acres are located within the Lahore district boundaries, and 99 acres are located within Sheikhpura.
- For parks and open areas, 137 acres have been set aside.
- Commercial areas will take up 3.88 acres.
- On 45 acres, apartment complexes will be built; on 70 acres, common areas; on 21 acres, a sports complex; and on 267 acres, highways.
- Rescue-1122, a truck port, retail stores, mosques, hospitals, grid stations, schools/colleges, etc. are examples of common amenities.
- For the duration of the exercise, PKR 30 billion will be spent on infrastructure.